The holidays are coming up, so I figured this would be a pretty appropriate first post on my blog. I put together a small list of beauty-related gifts I would give to any beauty lover in my life. I would be happy to receive these things myself, too, COUGH COUGH. Kidding (sort of).
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Sweets ($40) – ABH makes some of the best products available, but let’s be honest, receiving an eyebrow pencil or brow gel isn’t the most thrilling thing in the world. Enter: ABH Glow Kit. ABH’s Glow Kits are a phenomenal gift idea for the beauty fanatic who can’t leave the house without their highlight being seen from space. There are a few different palettes, but I chose to include the kit in Sweets because it has a shade for everyone.
2. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm ($29) – Okay, a cleanser isn’t that exciting of a gift, but this one is. Seriously. Clinique’s cleansing balm removes makeup (yes, even waterproof) with ease. It starts off as a balm, but once rubbed into warm skin it becomes an oil and effortlessly melts makeup right off the face. It leaves skin moisturized and clean, and a little goes a long, long way.
3. BeautyBlender + Benefit Holiday Kit ($40) – BeautyBlenders are becoming increasingly popular to apply makeup (my tool of choice for foundation and concealer), so this kit is perfect. It includes a full-size BeautyBlender, a Blotterazzi compact to soak up oil on the go, and a deluxe-sample of Benefit’s famous Porefessional Primer.
4. Morphe Brushes Gilded Collection ($3.99 – $13.99) – Morphe Brushes make some of the best brushes at the best price point. Morphe recently released the Gilded Collection, which I think is absolutely beautiful. The gold is sleek and clingy, and would look lovely sitting on a makeup vanity. The entire set is sold for $159.99, but is currently sold out on the website. Every makeup lover loves new brushes, so grabbing a couple of these would make a great stocking stuffer or gift.
5. NARS Velvet Lip Glide ($26) – NARS recently came out with their Velvet Lip Glides, which are essentially hydrating, semi-matte liquid lipsticks. There are 12 shades, ranging from pale nudes to deep, vampy colors. Liquid lipsticks are alllllllll the rage right now, for good reason. But sometimes my lips get mad at me for wearing them as they do tend to be very drying and can end up looking a little crusty and crackly (cute). These Lip Glides are an excellent alternative to the typical liquid lipstick, providing a ton of pigment and a moisturizing formula.
6. Tatcha Bestsellers Set ($59) – Apparently, Tatcha discovered the daily regimen of Japanese geishas in a 200 year-old manuscript and has worked to create products paying homage – yes, it is very bougie. The Tatcha Bestsellers Set is an excellent way to try some of Tatcha’s most popular products. The set includes the Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil (0.8 oz), Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder (0.35 oz) for exfoliation, Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream (0.34 oz) for hydration, and Luminous Dewy Skin mist (0.4 oz) to leave skin glowing. Who knows if this is what the geishas were actually doing to achieve beautiful skin, but hey – the packaging is glass, so it’s, like, really fancy.