It’s almost Thanksgiving, which means the holidays are almost upon us. I much prefer giving gifts to receiving them, but I like to create a little mental holiday wishlist for when my loved ones ask what I’d like. So here it is: my holiday wishlist for 2017! May this list help you on your quest to getting the perfect gift for someone special in your life. I’ve created other gift guides in the past, so check those out if you need more ideas!
Mom’s rule, amiright? Mother’s Day is coming up and I’ve rounded up some gift ideas for all the amazing moms in your life.
My mom is my best friend and we talk almost every day. As the years go by, I am more filled with regret with the way my angsty teenage self treated my wonderful mama. Teenagers, suck man. Now, when I call to talk, she’s the one trying to get off the phone and cut the conversation short. Sorry I bore you, Mom.
The second installment of my holiday gift guide is here, and this time it’s for the men in your life. Obviously, all men aren’t the same, but I tried to find gifts that would appeal to many different personalities. So whether it’s your dad, boyfriend, brother, uncle, or bff, I think you’ll be able to find something!
1. FitBit Charge 2 ($149.88 on Amazon) – The FitBit Charge 2 is an awesome gift for the fitness-obsessed and health-conscious. PurePulse helps track your heart rate throughout the day. The FitBit Charge 2 can sync with your smartphone to show you call, text, and calendar alerts. It also offers guided breathing exercises which I think is extra cool.
2. Aesop Moroccon Neroli Post-Shave Lotion ($49) – Aesop makes some really terrific products, and this lotion is no different. It smells amazing and is extremely gentle and soothing. My boyfriend uses this stuff and it’s better than any cologne. Ladies, get this for your boyfriend/husband, stat. It’s really just a gift for you.
3. Holy Stone HS110 FPV Drone ($119.99) – This is just a dope toy for adults. The drone offers First-Person Point of View, so you can see what the drone sees via your smartphone. There is an altitude hold function, so the drone is able to hover in place to take quality pictures (720P HD).
4. Tickets to an event (price varies) – I’m a big fan of experiences as gifts. Get tickets to an event he’d enjoy – a basketball game, concert, Comic-Con, whatever.
5. Appetites – A Cookbook by Anthony Bourdain ($22.50 on Amazon) – Dudes love Anthony Bourdain. I love Anthony Bourdain. He’s unapologetic and bizarre and he recently put out his first cookbook in over ten years. The cookbook features a huge range of recipes from Sausage Gravy with Biscuits to Korean Fried Chicken and I want it all.
6. Clarisonic Alpha Fit ($219) – I have absolutely loved my Clarisonic for the past 4 years and think the Alpha Fit would make a great gift for guys. It has two settings different settings and works for our bearded loved ones as well as the clean-shaven. It comes with the brush head, Alpha Cleanse facial cleanser, USB-charger, and a two-year warranty.
7. Himalayan Salt Tequila Glasses ($28) – These glasses look cool AF, add a hint of salt to you drink, and would make any tequila (or mezcal) lover very happy.
8. Beer of the Month Club ($36.95/month for 3 months) – Monthly clubs or subscription boxes are an interesting gift idea. The Beer of the Month Club from Amazing Clubs is a great option for beer lovers. Each month includes 12 bottles of beer – 4 different varieties and specialty microbrews from regional breweries. I think this is an excellent idea for beer connoisseurs looking to find some new favorites.
9. Death & Co.: Modern Classic Cocktails ($26) – This book is an excellent read for anyone who loves cocktails. Death & Co. is a bar in New York City that boasts some of the best craft cocktails around. The book is full of information about spirits, bartending techniques, recipes, and beautiful pictures. Plus, the book just looks badass.
10. Cashmere Double-Faced Scarf from J. Crew ($118) – Cashmere. Luxury. Classic. Tom Haverford definitely treated himself to one of these.
11. Wüsthof Gourmet 2-Piece Paring & Santoku Knife Set ($69.95) – This set comes with a pair of high-quality knives – a 3″ paring knife and a 7″ hollow-ground santoku. These knives are a great gift for a guy looking to build his kitchen arsenal with the good stuff.
The holidays are coming up, so I figured this would be a pretty appropriate first post on my blog. I put together a small list of beauty-related gifts I would give to any beauty lover in my life. I would be happy to receive these things myself, too, COUGH COUGH. Kidding (sort of).
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Sweets ($40) – ABH makes some of the best products available, but let’s be honest, receiving an eyebrow pencil or brow gel isn’t the most thrilling thing in the world. Enter: ABH Glow Kit. ABH’s Glow Kits are a phenomenal gift idea for the beauty fanatic who can’t leave the house without their highlight being seen from space. There are a few different palettes, but I chose to include the kit in Sweets because it has a shade for everyone.
2. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm ($29) – Okay, a cleanser isn’t that exciting of a gift, but this one is. Seriously. Clinique’s cleansing balm removes makeup (yes, even waterproof) with ease. It starts off as a balm, but once rubbed into warm skin it becomes an oil and effortlessly melts makeup right off the face. It leaves skin moisturized and clean, and a little goes a long, long way.
3. BeautyBlender + Benefit Holiday Kit ($40) – BeautyBlenders are becoming increasingly popular to apply makeup (my tool of choice for foundation and concealer), so this kit is perfect. It includes a full-size BeautyBlender, a Blotterazzi compact to soak up oil on the go, and a deluxe-sample of Benefit’s famous Porefessional Primer.
4. Morphe Brushes Gilded Collection ($3.99 – $13.99) – Morphe Brushes make some of the best brushes at the best price point. Morphe recently released the Gilded Collection, which I think is absolutely beautiful. The gold is sleek and clingy, and would look lovely sitting on a makeup vanity. The entire set is sold for $159.99, but is currently sold out on the website. Every makeup lover loves new brushes, so grabbing a couple of these would make a great stocking stuffer or gift.
5. NARS Velvet Lip Glide ($26) – NARS recently came out with their Velvet Lip Glides, which are essentially hydrating, semi-matte liquid lipsticks. There are 12 shades, ranging from pale nudes to deep, vampy colors. Liquid lipsticks are alllllllll the rage right now, for good reason. But sometimes my lips get mad at me for wearing them as they do tend to be very drying and can end up looking a little crusty and crackly (cute). These Lip Glides are an excellent alternative to the typical liquid lipstick, providing a ton of pigment and a moisturizing formula.
6. Tatcha Bestsellers Set ($59) – Apparently, Tatcha discovered the daily regimen of Japanese geishas in a 200 year-old manuscript and has worked to create products paying homage – yes, it is very bougie. The Tatcha Bestsellers Set is an excellent way to try some of Tatcha’s most popular products. The set includes the Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil (0.8 oz), Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder (0.35 oz) for exfoliation, Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream (0.34 oz) for hydration, and Luminous Dewy Skin mist (0.4 oz) to leave skin glowing. Who knows if this is what the geishas were actually doing to achieve beautiful skin, but hey – the packaging is glass, so it’s, like, really fancy.